What is a Design Build?
Design build (pronounced as design/build, design-build, or abbreviated as D-B) is a development project delivery system in which both the construction phase and the design phase are contracted by a single entity known as the design build contractor or the design builder. This system is used in place of the more traditional approach of design-bid-build.
When did it Begin?
The design build delivery system originated from model once known as the "Master Builder". This approach has been used to build many post-modern projects and the benefits are numerous. The reason this system has been widely used is because from the start date to completion, the master builder is the main organizational figure and is held personally liable for any delays, defects, and losses. The design build system is one that directly correlates to the roots of the master builder model.
Key Benefits of a Design Build
- Quality - With Ventana Design & Development being the only point of contact, we ensure that each part of the process goes smoothly and that the quality of work is nothing less than spectacular.
- Integrated Design - The main benefit of an integrated design is creating a low cost. Having the builder work with the architect & engineer ensures that proper design and materials needed for the owner's budget expectations are met. With this approach, the designer and construction team are working closely together to avoid any confusion.
- One Contract - Having one contract keeps everything more simple and increases accountability. In a world where many people like to point fingers at each other, we take full responsibility of our projects, either positive or negative.
- Efficiency - The on-time delivery of your project is just as important as meeting all of your design and budget expectations. Estimating and scheduling goes hand in hand with design creating a faster and more reliable delivery of each project.
- Relationship Building - Ventana focuses on the one-on-one relationship with our clients. We believe that our approach builds better businesses, better buildings, and better communities.